Monday, June 17, 2013

Bigger and bigger

So I'm having a little girl.  I'm really excited to tell Ben because he's wanted a little girl for a long time now.  Then the tech tells me that the due date is June 6th.  On the way home I'm thinking to myself that June 6th sounds like a date I should know, and then it hits me....that's my dad's birthday!  What a great thing!  He already has one grandchild named after him, how cool would it be to have the next one come on his birthday!  I was really happy to tell him the news.  He of course thought I was joking with him, and when he realized that I wasn't his reaction was "I don't want to share my birthday".  Well dad got lucky cause the next time I went to the doctor the due date was changed to June 9th.

Things are going well, the belly is getting bigger and bigger.  I love going to the doctors office because it seems like they love giving me ultrasounds, so I get new pictures of her all the time.  Getting to see her grow, and see how different she looks in the new pictures was wonderful.

Ben and I finally agreed on a first name for her, Chatelle, (which took FOREVER, cause he's really picky).  Coming up with a middle name that sounded good with Chatelle was really hard.  Ben liked Mae and I liked Len, so we put them together for Mae'Len.  So we finally had a name for her, the next part was telling the family.  There were of course some people who didn't like the name, other people who had a hard time pronouncing it right or remembering her name sense it was so unusual, but for the most part people liked her name.  Which to me it makes no difference if you like her name or not.  Not your child.  But the longer we let the name sink into our heads the more we didn't think Len sounded right, so we ended up taking it out.

So we have her name, next came the baby shower.  You wouldn't think that it would be this confusing, but I wasn't sure if I should make a gift list for her or not.  Since we have Marcus, we already had some of the things we needed like the tear free shampoo and soap, wash clothes and towels.  We had some clothes for her already but not a lot, but I still wasn't sure what to do.  Instead of making a wish list for her, we just ended up telling the ladies at church what we needed or wanted.  The shower was lots of fun.  A fruit bowl made out of a watermelon in the shape of a bassinet, cute little cupcakes with hearts on them and punch that had a whale swimming in it.  The cute little outfits that people gave us and all the necessities that we didn't have yet, I walked away feeling very grateful and thankful to all the ladies and God for providing things for us.  My sisters church donated a changing table, a diaper pail and a breast pump to us, along with a lot of outfits that didn't sale at a consignment sale they had.  My Nana, my sister-in-law, and Ben's best friend gave us car seats, a diaper bag, more clothes and toys and baby swings.  Saying that God supplies for us (meaning everyone) was an understatement to me.  He kept proving over and over again to me that He will deliver all we need, and He did.

1 comment:

  1. I know I already said this, but I love reading your blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete